Salaterre - Writing on the Go

 

Planning a Trip


For Salaterre,  Dr. Emmy Horstkamp and Storey Tarris are taking a break until September.   Storey Tarris usually shares photographs but for the rest of July and August, she will be writing and sharing photographs on this blog while Dr. Horstkamp will be working on the collage prose.


 Welcome to the blog (This is Storey). I'm heading over to Europe soon. I have been looking at my desk and trying to figure out what to take with me for the next couple of weeks.   I'm photographing diamonds for Trefuly and will be traveling to Amsterdam and some other cities to photograph natural diamonds.     

I might be able to share some of the diamond photographs here.  I'm photographing the diamonds for TrefuGems in different European cities and look forward to seeing what they look like at the photo shoots.

I'm not photographing jewellery.  TrefuGems focuses on loose gemstones that are not set in jewellery and the provenance diamond reports.  

Over the weekend, I saw a blue hued diamond.  The diamond was soaking in a light acid wash and was definitely blue.  When photographed alone, you don't see the hue under natural light.  I will see if I can take a photograph of this today to show you.   I ordered another light for the light box so that I will have four different light sources for the diamond reports.